Monday 23 November 2015

Paper, everywhere!

...and plaster, clay, silicon, felt, wood !!!!!!!!

Plaster of Paris bowl former.
Paper pulp.
I really like these.
Damage....., or is it? Stapled. stitched next I think.
Playing with finishing plaster...., well if you don't try you don't know!
Plastic bowl and mold release.
See what happens.
Silicon sealant, doesn't mater which colour, but I find the cheapest works best. Smells of vinegar...,acetic acid.
Corn flower.
Corking gun is very useful for this.
mix well.
Yummy!
Sprayed with mold release.

Just a stamp to name my work.
Allow to set, I did the inside of the bowl too.
Flattened tubes....,



Hot glue together.
Some book paper twirls.

The silicon and cornflour mold.







Enough...., for now!
I believe you good people at college made some emery sticks whilst I was away, so I thought I would gets some done at home.

Wood and a piece of dowel.
Emery paper
Cut wood to size.

Sand.
Drill holes for string, I need to hang things up.
Adding double sided tape to back of sand paper.



Wrap around the wood shaft.
sand.
Cut dowel to length, I like a round sanding stick too.

Trim off excess.
Wrapped string around the dowel while the glue sets.
Punches.
Initials on shaft.
Thread


These are some pieces of wood I am eyeing up for a tray with dove tails joints..., next weekends job.
 See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment