Sunday 15 November 2015

So Many things in my head....,

And lots of time to experiment with them, life is good.
Made lots of paper tubes

Used my craft pasta machine to flatten them. Always have a separate machine for kitchen and studio. I use this one for clay mainly, when making piece for jewelry.
It does a very good job.
And starts to bend them....,
ready for curling.

Now I need to make some paper and for that job  need a Mold and Deckle. So I got some wood from Wicks and set about my task.
Mark out the wood. I want a mold and deckle to form A5 sheets of paper. Therefore I need to measure the size of the paper and add two widths of the wood. I am being kind to myself and leaving a little lee-way too!.
Make sure marks are square.
I am doing lap joints on these corners.

More wood....,
More measuring!



Funny little saw Andrew likes....., but it is blunt!
Get the big chap in.
Opps!
Chisel out any rubbish. Only 16 of these to do!


Paper size fits well. Going to glue and screw the joints.
( Note to group members, See what a mess I make in the studio and you worry about coffee cups and bits of paper!!!!)



Countersink the holes, these two frames need to sit flush together.
Ratchet screw driver, love them.
Plain the edges and generally tidy the frames up.
Metal letter punches.
Sanding the edges, this is sand paper secured around a piece of wood.
Add my name to each frame.
Good job.
Staple fine net to one frame, this now becoming the deckle.
Done, pleased with these, I only need another six pairs....., I think I will wait for Andrew to bring the chop saw!
Now more paper play, Paper Mache.

News print.
P.V.A glue and water 50/50.
Chop up the paper.
And cover a bowl.

Allow to dry.

OK so now as I seem to be obsessing with circles and spirals, I want to paint/print some.

Mixed media paper, 250 gsm.
It is A2 and I require A3...., cut it in half!
Sprits with water
Circle stencils.

Dylusions ink.

Play! Sorry lost some of the pictures here! Just keep adding colours and drying, until you ave a nice back ground.
Dylusions paint.
Place a small amount of paint on the mat and load your dabber.
Now push paint throw stencil, you need a tiny amount of paint.
Do the same thing with different colours.
Print with bubble wrap to add texture.
Once I have finished with the colour, I like to add black , for contrast and impact.
Good paint is expensive, so I do not like to waste it. Therefore any left on the dabber gets but into my journals for background building.
When the paper is close to where you want it, I always recommended you photocopy it. It is your work, you may as well have multiple copies for other projects. The colour reproduction is never as good with an A4 print, I prefer my A3 printer, but forgot to go get some more ink!!!!!! 
Added some white dots too. Now I am happy with this I shall have it turned into Fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment