Tuesday 13 October 2015

Third Piece.......

... A necklace, or a bracelet.. let see how it goes,
This is a gadget I made for when I want to design necklaces. It is made from a wood base, covered in wadding and then cotton fabric,. All this is stapled to the back.

Now I can pin my necklace to the base and start adding.
Little glass bottles.


Cover the glass bottles in Gel Medium.
Watch straps.


Eyelets.
Punch a hole.

Set the rivet.

Cut a shape out of the paper clay
Stamp into it for texture.

Add a hole.
Bottles have dried reasonably clear. I should have put on a lighter coat I think, but they are fine for the job in hand. Covering them in Gel Medium should make them loads stronger.
Cut some old tins up with some aviation pliers, punch holes out with the crop-a-dile.
Three holes in the front, one hole in the back. Front bottom two holes are for decoration, and the top for connecting it too the necklace.
Filling the bottles full of stuff.
Gluing the lids on, I will colour the plastic lids with alcohol ink. 
Add eyelets to the punched vintage metal.
Setting eyelets.

This one on the right is made in much the same way, but I have trapped book paper in the fold and set it all with the eyelet.

No comments:

Post a Comment