Sunday 10 January 2016

I don't like going in here......,

.... but needs must, the things we do for Art!

This is Andrew work shop! I hate it, but he is sick and the tools I wish to borrow are too heavy to transport. Health and safety would have a fit. This is more about balance and presence of mind!
This is how I have been cutting glass. A diamond tipped, water bath tile cutter. Bits do spit out all over the place so safety glasses etc a must. 
Bucket for all the off cuts.
Draw a circle with a sharpie.....,
I use an old enamel bowl to draw around.
This is an old brass glass cutter, but it is rubbish so i didn't use it, pretty tho. It was bought for the brass and steam punk possibilities.
The bath for the water.
The rotating blade.
Nibble, nibble.....,




One disc of green house glass, about 5 minutes work.
Lump of old pine. Was a roof truss in an old summer house. Therefore we have summer house wood, and green house glass.
Always check out old wood, with some work, nice wood can be salvaged.
Chop saw.

Looking at size of wood and size of dish..., wood still too big.


That's about it, as I need to leave some extra for the planing and sanding.
An off cut for my design board.
Plainer.....,
bolted to an old sewing machine table. Mr Dale senior must have done this, judging by the age of the stand. The things that man could make! A spinning wheel for his wife from tree to finish article, every piece of it he made wood, metal the lot. Still have it somewhere must take a picture and show you.
OK back to work, screwed a piece of wood to the bottom of my base...., I hate the word plinth!
Clamped in the vice so I can plain it with relative ease.
Planing the sides.
Please note packing so as not to bruise my work with the vice.
Belt sander, I had to stand in a bucket to use this!! Don't ask!
Polishing wheel....,
and polish, Liberon.
I have to admit, that there are some nice things to feast ones eyes upon in here, but I would rather get finished and get out


See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment