Wednesday 23 March 2016

OK, brace yourselves, I am feeling a lot better.....,

After playing with various ideas, the time has come to make the large Bib necklace from junk. Like my steam-punk canvas, but a necklace.
This is Zilmer, she will be assisting me.
Creating a pattern for the bib necklace.
Calico.
Black cotton. This will be used for the backing.
Stiffener.
Bondaweb.
Oh look, re-purposed drawing to make pattern.
Marking out.
Cutting out, with fabric scissors.
Making a slightly smaller pattern for the stiffener and bondaweb. Cutting out with paper scissors!
See, slightly smaller than original.
Cut out stiffener.
Cut out bondaweb
Attaching bondaweb to stiffener with very hot iron.
Hot.
Peel paper backing off.....,

And iron to main bib. 

Bondaweb is great and very useful, but stitch is better. Machine is a 1985 Bernina Sport 801, Made in Switzerland and a joy to use.
We don't see many sewing machines at Uni. I did catch a glimpse of one on the elusive third floor.
Testing out my paint options on scraps of Calico.
Black acrylic.....,
Spray paint.


Moving outside...,
and sprayed a base coat.

Leaving to dry over night.
Some sort of ribbon, which I cut off something else!
Using paper to protect the iron surface.
Pin in place....,
Yes, this works.
Stitch in place, at a slight angle to encourage it to sit nicely on the neck.


If anyone would like to learn how to use a sewing machine I am willing to share what I know! Limited knowledge. You would have to take time out to come here as I will not carry sewing machines here, there, and everywhere. See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment