Monday 28 March 2016

Soapbox

OK, as you may remember I made a book called Re-hash from left over paper from my studio. Now I wish to make a book totally from rubbish. So I asked my wonderful group members to be kind enough to bring me a bag full of rubbish each. Stuff that would have gone into their paper and card recycling. They did this, so lets see what we can create.
This new book is going to be called "Soapbox"
One of the things I enjoy about dismantling packaging is that you learn how it was built which is very interesting and these ideas and methods can be used in your own work.


At this point I am left with a corrugate card cover, with a join along the spine. Both these facts I would avoid when making a book from scratch, but I have no choice, this is what I have. So what am I going to do to make this scenario work?
Tidy up the edges, oh this ruler...., I have had this since it was issued to me at Mountview Theater School back in the early 1980's. Not quite Margaret Rutherford's day, but my joints and eyes may argue. I truly believe it to be one of the worse rulers I have come across, however it's still here, Is that sods law?


Strengthen it with college, there is plenty of stuff to go at.

P.V.A from Wicks, eight pints at a time, cheapest way of buying this wonderful stuff I have found to date,
When decoupaging with P.V.A I will always water the glue down 50/50 with warm water.

I am going right over the edges this will help them to strengthen up too.
Allow to dry.
Fold over the edges.

Cover the inside.
Nice book plates here.








See you soon, x

No comments:

Post a Comment